According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 69 percent of adults have lost at least one permanent tooth due to decay, gum disease or injury. Lost teeth affect your ability to smile with confidence or speak and chew properly, impacting your quality of life. Fortunately, the skilled professionals at the office of Fort Des Moines Dental can help reestablish the look, feel and function of a naturally beautiful and complete smile.
Missing teeth not only affects your appearance, it can also alter your bite, impair oral function and reduce support for natural contours of your face to produce a more haggard look. Implants differ from traditional dental prostheses, such as conventional fixed bridges or dentures, because the lowermost portion of an implant functions in much the same way as the root of a natural tooth. Once placed and integrated with the surrounding bone, dental implants can be used to secure custom crowns, fixed bridges or implant-retained dentures, and can even be placed strategically to support an entire set of upper or lower teeth. In addition, dental implants can be placed to restore missing teeth, without requiring the involvement the adjacent teeth.
From designing your implants with the latest technology and techniques, to the complete restoration of your smile, our team will provide the individualized attention you deserve in addition to useful tips on how to take care of your new dental implants.
Your trusted partner in dental care
At the office of Fort Des Moines Dental, we believe that everyone deserves to smile with confidence. Our expert dentists and staff keep you comfortable, relaxed and informed at each stage of the dental implant process, delivering the results you want. For more information on implants and other services we provide, give us a call today.
Did you know that your smile can tell a lot about you? Not only it is an indication of your mood at the moment, it can give dentists a clue to your overall health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to such complications as oral and facial pain, gum disease and a variety of mouth infections that can affect major organs of the body.
That’s why practicing good oral hygiene and seeing a dentist regularly is so important for people of all ages. The state-of-the-art practice of Fort Des Moines Dental and our skilled professionals are dedicated to keeping your teeth and gums in tip-top shape.
Habits that promote good oral health:
1. Brush twice a day: Brush for at least two minutes, using fluoridated toothpaste.
2. Floss daily: It removes plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
3. Replace your toothbrush: Do this every three months or when it appears warn.
4. Visit the dentist regularly for cleanings and exams. This is one of the most effective ways to detect the early signs of gum disease.
5. Limit soda, coffee and alcohol: Excess amounts can cause tooth decay.
6. Drink milk: Milk contains calcium, which strengthens teeth and builds stronger enamel.
7. Some carbs are okay: Despite their popularity, low-carb diets can cause bad breath. A balanced, dental-healthy diet can help reduce tooth decay.
8. Take a daily dose of vitamins C and D: These vitamins help support the absorption of healthy mouth minerals such as calcium and phosphorous, which support the bone and gum tissue, keeping it healthy. This is an easy way to maintain dental hygiene and fight gum disease.
9. Avoid cigarettes and smokeless tobacco: These are known to contribute to gum disease and oral cancer.
Committed to maintaining your great smile!
At the office of Fort Des Moines Dental, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care. For more information on the many other dental services we provide, give us a call today.